Hardwood Decking, A Stunning & Natural Choice To Compliment Any Outdoor Living Area
Whether you prefer your decking to be raised or at ground level, small or large, a pool deck or a balcony deck, any size or shape of deck; we at Castlegate Home Improvements work closely with our clients, from consultation to completion, to create a deck you will love.
We are highly skilled and knowledgeable in our craft and have been building quality, Residential and Commercial, decks, in Perth and Regional WA, for over 23 years.
Show us your ideas and we can build you the deck you dream of. If you don’t have a plan, that’s okay too; we are innovative and work with you to design a deck that will compliment your home, suit your lifestyle and will have the WOW factor that you are after.
Our Castlegate Hardwood Decks
- We pull our own decking boards from the suppliers racks ensuring we have the best timbers available.
- Your deck will add thousands of dollars to the value of your property.
- Your deck will complement your style of home: traditional or modern.
- Soft underfoot and natural to touch.
- Add more valuable living space to your home.
- Your timber deck will absorb water, unlike hard surfaces that cannot drain.
- You can choose a narrow board or a wide board.
- Add a touch of warmth to your home by inviting in the natural environment.
- Don’t like the idea of screws or nails? No problem, we can even install your timber deck nail free!
Types of Timber:
There are different classes of timber, based on their performance and durability in the exposed Western Australian climate.
- Class 1 = Sturdy Merbau Hardwood, Eastern States Blackbutt, Durable Spotted Gum or a beautiful Burmese Teak may last for up to 40 years, regularly oiled, above ground level (not directly fixed to the ground).
- Class 2 = West Australian Jarrah or a Fiji Mahogany may last from 15-40 years, regularly oiled, above ground level (not directly fixed to the ground). A Jarrah deck retains its health longer if it is not exposed.
- Class 3 = Blue Gum from NSW and Kupur may last for up to 12-15 years, regularly oiled, above ground level (not directly fixed to the ground).
- Class 4 = Treated pine, Tasmanian Oak may last from 5-7 years, if regularly oiled and above ground level. Treated pine, while an economical option, is not recommended for durability in the Western Australian climate.
Why Not Create Your Complete Outdoor Living Room?
To compliment your new Hardwood Deck, why not add:
- A beautiful Patio; creating an additional room for entertaining and relaxing.
- Privacy Screens, Balustrades
- Bench Seats
- A stunning Timber Lining ceiling
At Castlegate Home Improvements, we pride ourselves in building beautiful custom designed decks.
Our team of qualified and experienced carpenters work efficiently, whilst maintaining a tidy worksite and respecting your home and property.
Whatever your design idea, give us a call today. We look forward to meeting you and discussing the possibilities TEL: 0438 411 978