Patios, pergolas and verandas not only create additional space, provide shelter and comfort from the elements but your new outdoor living area will also increase the value of your home.
We build patios, alfrescos, pergolas, carports and verandas. From helping you design the perfect patio, pergola or veranda for your home and lifestyle to assisting with the council approvals process, to building the patio you’ve always wanted and finally leaving the site clean and tidy, we do it all. Our small qualified team of carpenters are led by Paul Wilkinson, Director and Carpenter/Roofer.
Choosing the right patio or veranda or pergola for you…
There are so many options and we can build whatever you like. The ideas are endless. For example:
- Hipped roof – has four sides sloping down towards the walls that is like a pyramid. This type of roof gives a more enclosed feel and also more protection from weather. Why not compliment your hipped roof with timber lining giving a more classic or elegant look?
- Gable roof – is a high built roof giving the illusion of a lot of space. It has two sloping sides coming down to the walls giving a more open feel so is perfect for your alfresco as it allows lots of natural light to flood in. This type of roof does allow for weather to enter so this might need to be considered depending on location and which direction your patio will face
- Flat roof – has a very slight fall to allow for water drainage and also allows natural light to pour in. This type of roof is perfect for drier areas
- Bull nose roof – has custom curved roof sheets that curl over at the front, so called because it looks like a bulls nose. Classic, quaint, the bull nose is a statement all on its own
- Timber Pergola – considerably less in cost as there is no solid roof. A pergola adds that natural element to your back garden balancing the building materials in your house with timber in the pergola. A pergola allows light to penetrate and is a perfect backdrop to the creeping Bougainvillea or winding rose
What will my patio cost?
It really depends on your design, the size and material in your structure.
A hipped patio has a detailed framework so will be more expensive in terms of cost than a gabled or flat patio. A bull nose veranda also has custom curved roof sheets and additional timbers to hold the expanse of the frame so is a little more expensive. Whichever patio style you choose, we can help you come up with a design that will compliment your home, make the best use of available space and setbacks, be the best value for money and one that suits you.
Your home is an investment so whatever you put into it, you’ll get back, not only in terms of cash but also in enjoyment and you’ll save money. Yes save money! Why go out to an expensive restaurant when you can have a great meal with a great atmosphere and great company right under your own custom built patio?
What is the difference between a patio and a pergola?
Good question! Basically a patio has a solid roof, such as steel or plastic roof sheets or tiles and a pergola does not. A pergola has battens, shade cloth or nothing above at all.
It is important to note that a council permit is required to build a patio. Check with your local council for up to date regulations.
What about patio and decking packages?
Yes we can create an entire outdoor area for you! Decking compliments a patio or veranda perfectly. How about planter boxes, privacy screens, timber lining or maybe even balustrading?
We can help you design and match your decking with your new patio to create extra usable room you’ll love and spend hours enjoying.
I’d also like an outdoor kitchen. Can you arrange something like this?
Yes we can. We have a very reliable and highly recommended outdoor kitchen fitter who can design and create the perfect outdoor kitchen for your new patio. We also have a great working relationship with a reliable and honest bricklayer who has supported us on many projects.
Castlegate Home Improvements patios, verandas and pergolas are:
- Custom built. Your design for your home
- Only built with approved quality building materials used in construction
- Built by our fully qualified carpenters
- Built in accordance with Australian building standards
- We obtain council approvals for you and if required, an Engineering report prior to approvals
- Will provide you with more shelter away from the harsh UV and winter rains
Call us today and we’ll visit your home to discuss the possibilities.
We enjoy going the extra mile to make sure the renovation and building process is stress free for you.
Before & Afters
A patio and full length balcony to a home in the coastal town of Guilderton and a tiled veranda to a quaint home in South Perth. Tell us about your project and we’ll show you what we can do.