Hardwood decking is a stunning and natural choice to compliment any outdoor living area
Whether you prefer a raised deck or ground level, a small deck or a large deck, a pool deck or a balcony deck, any size or shape of deck, we at Castlegate Home Improvements work closely with our clients from consultation to completion to create a deck you will love.
We have been building decks in Perth and regional WA for over 17 years both for residential homes and commercial businesses. Paul, our Director and Lead Carpenter is highly skilled and knowledgeable in his craft.
If you have a design in mind, great! show us your ideas and we can build you the deck you dream of. If you don’t have a plan, thats okay, we are innovative and work with you to design a deck that will compliment your home, suit your lifestyle and will have the WOW factor.
Benefits of a Castlegate Home Improvements hardwood deck
- We pull our own decking boards from the suppliers racks ensuring we have the best timbers available
- You’ll add thousands of dollars in value to your property
- Your deck will compliment any style of home, traditional or modern
- Soft under foot and natural to the touch so great for kids
- Add more valuable living space to your home
- Your timber deck will absorb water unlike hard surfaces that cannot drain
- Have your choice of a narrow board or a wide board
- Add a touch of warmth to your home inviting the natural environment into your home
- Don’t like the idea of screws or nails? No problem, we can even install your timber deck nail free!
Why not create a complete outdoor living room? To compliment your new hardwood deck why not have a beautiful patio which will creating an additional room for entertaining and relaxing. We can also compliment your new deck with privacy screens, balustrades or bench seats and complete your patio ceiling with stunning timber lining.
Types of Timber:
There are different classes of timber based on their performance and durability in the exposed Western Australian climate.
Class 1 = sturdy Merbau hardwood, Eastern States Blackbutt, durable Spotted Gum or a beautiful Burmese Teak may last for up to 40 years, regularly oiled, above ground level (not directly fixed to the ground)
Class 2 = West Australian Jarrah or a Fiji Mahogany may last from 15-40 years, regularly oiled, above ground level (not directly fixed to the ground). A Jarrah deck retains its health longer if it is not exposed.
Class 3 = Blue Gum from NSW and Kupur may last for up to 12-15 years, regularly oiled, above ground level (not directly fixed to the ground)
Class 4 = Treated pine, Tasmanian Oak may last from 5-7 years if regularly oiled and above ground level. Treated pine while an economical option is not recommended for durability in the Western Australian climate.
At Castlegate Home Improvements, we pride ourselves on building beautiful custom designed decks. Paul and our team of qualified carpenters respect our clients homes and properties and work efficiently retaining a tidy worksite.
Whatever your design idea, give us a call today and we’ll look forward to meeting with you and discussing the possibilities TEL: 0438 411 978